The U of A Hope & Texarkana Departments of Industry Outreach and Continuing Education and
Funeral Services are holding the annual Southwest Arkansas Funeral Services Conference. The conference is open to Funeral Service Directors and Embalmers to obtain their required compliance credits for the year.
This year’s presenters are Teresa Smith, Southwest Area Coordinator for Arkansas Department of Emergency Management and Stuart Smedley, Garland County Coroner.
The event will take place on Thursday, November 10th, 2016 at Hempstead Hall in the Spring Hill Suite. Registration begins at 8:30 AM with the program to begin at 9:00 AM and
Concluding at 4:00 PM – the conference will award 6 hours of continuing education credit.
The cost is $40.00 per attendee, which includes lunch, door prizes at breaks, & recording of credit to the Arkansas State Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers.
To pre-register for this event, please contact Sequoiah Anderson in the Industry Outreach Division:
Phone – 870-722-8162
Email – email@example.com
Fax Completed Registration Forms to – 870-722-8106
Payment arrangements can be made by phone, mail, or on the day of the event.
Registrations are strongly encouraged to be completed by Tuesday, November 8th
Topics presented this year include:
- Disaster Preparedness for Funeral Services Personnel
- The Coroner’s Report: How do we get to the Cause/Manner of Death
- Suicide and Drug Use in Our Neighborhoods
- Arkansas Coroner’s Association issues: Training Available, Old Problems, New Opportunities
- Stump the Coroner: Question and answer period for Coroner’s Practices in Arkansas