ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHPS ARE VERY COMPETITIVE – EARLY APPLICATION IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. The Access Scholarship will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis and as funds are available. Scholarships will be governed by university policies located at www.hsu.edu/financial-aid. The value of the scholarship is $1,000 per fall/spring semester (maximum of $2,000 per academic year).
1. You must have an associate’s degree from a public two-year college in Arkansas or a minimum of 60 transferable credit hours with a 3.00 cumulative grade point average based on a 4.00 system. Fifty percent of transferable credit hours must be from a public two-year institution.
2. You must be admitted to the university before being considered for a scholarship. You must submit the application for scholarship along with an official transcript(s).
3. Applicant must be entering Henderson for the very first time. Individuals who have completed any college credit from Henderson are not eligible. (Enrollment at Henderson during the summer immediately prior to first fall semester is acceptable.)
4. You will not qualify for the ACCESS Scholarship if you are the recipient of a Community College Transfer Scholarship or a President’s Community College Transfer Scholarship.
5. All scholarship recipients must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
6. The scholarship is renewable for three (3) additional consecutive semesters if you enroll in and complete 14 hours and maintain a minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average by the end of the fall semester. At the end of the spring semester, you must have completed 28 hours with a 3.00 cumulative grade point average.
7. The scholarship is not available for use in summer semesters and is non-renewable after two (2) years.
Please Note: Scholarship applications must be returned to the Office of University Relations/Admissions, HSU Box 7560, Arkadelphia, AR 71999-0001.
To download an application for this and many other scholarships, please visit www.uacch.edu, click the “Financial Aid” link then click the “UACCH Scholarships” link.