- This event has passed.
2018 Southwest Arkansas Funeral Services Conference
December 4, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm$40
The University of Arkansas Hope-Texarkana Departments of Industry Outreach & Community Education and Funeral Services will hold the annual Southwest Arkansas Funeral Services Conference on Tuesday, December 4, 2018, at Hempstead Hall in the Washington Suite from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. The conference is open to Funeral Service Directors and Embalmers to obtain their required compliance credits for the year. This conference will award 6 hours of continuing education credit.
This year’s presenters include:
- Robert Akers, Board Director Funeral Service Division
- Gerald Curtis, Funeral Home Liaison with ARORA
- Holly Rucker, Executive Director for Kindred Hospice Texarkana
Topics this year include:
- ARORA Organ and Tissue Donation
- Finding Meaning in Bereavement
- The New Arkansas Funeral Board and its Effects on the Industry
The registration fee of $40 includes lunch, door prizes at breaks, and recording of credit to the Arkansas State Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers. Payment may be made by phone, mail, or on the day of the event. Registrations are encouraged to be completed by Friday, November 23.
To pre-register for the conference, contact Edessa Walton, Industry Outreach Director at 870-722-8102 or email@example.com.