Are you living with an illness or chronic disease, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, arthritis, or other health problems? The Better Choices Better Health course covers techniques to deal with problems such as:
- frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- appropriate use of medications
- communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- evaluating new treatments
UACCH is proud to partner with the Texarkana Regional Center on Aging to bring the Better Choices Better Health Course to the UACCH campus. The class will be held on Tuesday afternoons, 2-4 pm, from Sept. 6 thru October 11 in the Technical and Industrial Building, room 160. The course is free, but does require pre-registration. To register, contact Nancy Kenworthy at (870)-722-8102 or email@example.com.
The curriculum utilized for this course was developed by Stanford University and has been proven effective to help people of all ages manage their health, keep active and remain independent.