International students may not officially register for classes until all admission requirements have been fulfilled. International students must meet the following requirements in addition to the other admissions requirements before an I-20 may be issued.
- Submit an Application for Admission to the Enrollment Services Office at least 90 days prior to the start of the semester for which acceptance is requested and have a completed file no later than 30 days prior to the start of the semester.
- Submit an official, original copy of the high school transcript with an official English translation. Original copies of other academic records, such as college transcripts, must be provided with English translations. Proof of immunization against measles and rubella, with English translations, is required if born after January 1, 1957. Two measles vaccinations are required and one rubella vaccination. All foreign-born students must submit the results of a Tuberculosis screening that was done in the United States within 6 months prior to enrollment.
- Complete I 901 Form – $100.
- All international students should be proficient in the English language prior to enrollment. Students who have taken the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) should submit official documentation of their scores. Those with TOEFL scores of 500 or better will be accepted unconditionally (a score of 197 or better on the computer-based TOEFL). A TOEFL score of 425-499 will enable a student to enroll on academic probation for one semester. Arrangements to take the TOEFL test may be made in writing to: TOEFL Program Director, CN 6151, Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6151, U.S.A.
- Provide a statement verifying sufficient financial support. The cost of attending UAHT is approximately $9,000 US dollars per academic year.
- An international applicant must purchase health insurance, and present evidence of this before he is eligible to enroll. Such proof must be presented each semester. Health-care costs in the U.S. are very high, and the College cannot assume financial responsibility for its students.
- It is the responsibility of the international student to become familiar with the regulations of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and to assume responsibility for complying with these regulations.
- UAHT does not provide:
- Student housing (dormitories are not available).
- Transportation to and from the college.
- Health insurance or medical/dental care.
NOTE: The University of Arkansas Hope-Texarkana reserves the right to impose a quota by country on the admission of international students. The College also reserves the right to impose additional admissions requirements, which are in the best interest of the College, without prior notice to prospective international students.